Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5

Today has been an extraordinary day.

First, I arrived at Clark at 8:45 this morning only to discover that my first class of the day, the one that is usually at 9 o'clock, was canceled. This after suffering through nearly an hour on the bus. I was not too happy.But I recovered.

So I spent the next hour telling a friend all about my childhood in Ridgefield, WA. And looking at violets. And seeing the first cherry trees in bloom. <3 I can't wait until the cherry trees all over campus are blooming...and the sun is shining...and the sky is blue...it will be so beautiful!

Also, today is my dear, beautiful friend's 2nd anniversary of beginning a relationship with her boyfriend. They are super cute together. And just thinking about it gave me a happy mood. :)

But then I got kind of depressed. I was talking to a classmate and she said that today is her sister's birthday. Except her sister died six years ago from leukemia. So they always celebrate her birthday with her favorite food. That was really sad. I will pray for her family.

And then I got home and found out that today is a young friend of mine's 13th birthday. I shared a hotel room with her and her mom when I went to the national tournament for the third time last spring. I like to think of her as another little sister. She's a very sweet girl.

Oh, and another unique about my day is this: I heard about this bumper sticker about abortion from this girl. She quoted it as saying "Pro-Choice, Pro-Child: If you can't trust her to make a choice, why trust her with a child?"

That confused me. I'm pretty sure the argument is flawed. No one should be allowed to have the choice of whether or not to kill a baby. Does that mean that no one should be allowed to have kids?

Another way to look at it is: young girls makes mistakes. If abortion is legal, they have the ability to make a mistake by having an abortion and killing a child. If abortion is illegal, then they have the ability to make a mistake when raising a child. The only difference is that killing a child is permanent; making a mistake in raising it is not. No parents are perfect.

Now that I've got that all figured out, I ought to ask her about that.

 Does that make sense? Any thoughts?

So that was my March 5.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are spot on! Abortion *is* permanent. Why is it so hard to give the child up for adoption? Why do they *have* to kill it? Well I guess then you have to convince them it's a human being no matter how you cut the cake. But no, they think that they can't handle the child..or provide for it...so that basically drowns out the adoption option in their minds.

    Good post! Sounds like your day was extremely precious! Yes, let's pray for that family with the daughter who passed away...that's really sad :(

    Have a good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete