Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm Back!!!

I cam back from Gleanings yesterday. It.Was.Amazing. I can't say that enough. Everyone says that the first year is the best, but I can't say that this year was any better or any worse than last year. They were so different and each was remarkable in its own way.

I can compare it in lots of ways. The first year God broke our malformed, distorted hearts so that He had something to work with. This year, God put our hearts back together - healed them -  in His way.

Last year was a crazy year. It was reckless and giddy and passionate. We wept wildly and didn't care what others thought of us. As odd as it sounds, the thing it reminds me most of is the old pagan feasts (excluding the immorality.) The wild dancing in the moonlight and the firelight. The flushed faces and the feeling of pure intoxication. The thing is, that intoxication was from earthly wine. This intoxication was from the Spirit of God.

Do you understand what I mean, yet?

This year was slow and sweet and quiet. We wept, yes, but it was quiet and soothing.When we were done, it was peace. Rather than revival, it was growth. Rather than the passion of Romeo and Juliet in the summer nights, it was the gentle love that comes in the spring. Serene and calm and wonderful.

I don't remember what the word for last year was, but, if anything, it was a rekindling.

The word for this year was healing and I was healed both inside and out. I won't share any more that that, but I just wanted to say that God was more good to me this year than I ever believed He would be. 

I am now officially addicted to Gleanings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment